- 2Migoro, 見頃, the best time to admire autumn leaves
- 2.1What does the word Migoro mean?
- 3Migoro comes from north
- 3.1Geographical reason
- 3.2About the center of Kyoto
- 4How do maple leaves go into autumn leaves?
- 5In 2019
- 62018, the last year of Heisei
- 6.14 the November
- 6.1.1Shinnyodo temple
- 6.211th November
- 6.2.1Tenjuan temple
- 6.2.2Shinnyodo temple
- 18.104.22.168Jingoji temple
- 22.214.171.124Saimyoji temple
- 126.96.36.199Kozanji temple
- 6.315th November
- 6.417th November Ohara
- 6.4.1Sanzenin temple
- 6.4.2Jikkoin temple
- 6.4.3Jyakkoin temple
- 6.4.4Rengeji temple
- 6.118th November Takao and other places
- 6.1.1Jingoji temple
- 6.1.2Sennyuji temple
- 6.1.3Shisendo temple
- 6.1.4Konpukuji temple
- 6.1.5Konkai Komyoji temple
- 6.223th November
- 6.2.1Sinnyodo temple
- 6.2.2Nanzenji temple
- 6.323th November
- 6.3.1Tenjuan temple
- 6.3.2Sekizan Zenin temple
- 6.424th November
- 6.4.1Daigoji temple
- 6.4.2Bisyamon do temple
- 6.4.3Kajuji temple
- 6.4.4Zuishinin temple
- 6.525th November
- 6.5.1Kamigamo shrine
- 6.5.2Rurikoin temple
- 6.630th November
- 6.6.1Eikando temple
- 6.6.2Bishamondo temple
- 6.6.3Daigoji temple
- 6.712nd December
- 6.7.1Philosopher's path
- 6.7.2Nanzenin temple
- 6.7.4Korinin temple
- 6.89th December
- 6.8.1Kenninji temple
- 6.8.2Byodoin temple
- In this article, we see forecasts of autumn leaves in the center of Kyoto, Takao, Ohara, and the suburb area.
- The following are the best time of each area; Ohara and Takao: Mid-November, Most of the center of the Kyoto and its suburb area: Mid-November to late-November, and other places: Early-December.
- It is impossible to predict the exact days to admire autumn leaves because they turn their colors depending on natural phenomena like weather, temperature, and so on.
This article is for your reference. We cannot foresee the best time to admire autumn leaves exactly. We are not responsible any disadvantage you have.
Migoro, 見頃, the best time to admire autumn leaves
What does the word Migoro mean?
Migoro means the best time to admire something in Japanese. Of course we have Migoro of autumn leaves. Take a look at the picture above. It shows us nothing but Migoro. The maple leaves are in full bloom. Absolutely the best time. However, the best time to admire autumn leaves is not the time we can see them in full bloom.
Do you think it is the best time to adore the autumn leaves in the photo? We think it is the perfect time though some of the leaves are on the ground. Actually, it is a magnificent opportunity we have only one time a decade: The vermilion leaves are in full bloom and the yellow ginkgo and red maple leaves are so fresh and brilliant in colors because they has just fallen on the ground.
In addition to it, this also is Migoro though most of all leaves are gone because we can praise the leaves on the ground.
As we see, “the best time” to admire autumn leaves means rather a long period of time. In fact, “the best time” lasts nearly for a week usually.
It is a peculiar thing on Migoro of autumn leaves. For example, the Migoro of Sakura is a time it is in full bloom and it lasts only for a couple of days.
The following is a summary of Migoro of Autumn leaves spots of Kyoto. It is made on my experiences for couples of years. As I described at the beginning, it is not possible to foresee Migoro. This is just for your reference.
|Rural mountain area|
|Byodoin temple||Late Nov to early-Dec|
|Kamigamo shrine||Late Nov to early-Dec|
|Korinin temple||Late Nov to early-Dec|
|Ryoanji temple||Late Nov to early-Dec|
|Kinkakuji temple||Mid to late-November|
|Ninnnaji temple||Mid to late-November|
|Kitanotenmangu shrine||Late Nov to early-Dec|
|Arashiyama area||Mid to late-November|
|Jikishian temple||Mid to late-November|
Migoro comes from north
Kyoto is in basin. In the northern mountain areas, like Ohara and Takao (the brown area in the map), maple leaves start to turn their colors. Sometimes, the brown area grows into the green area, including the vermilion area (Arashiyama) and blue areas (Kinkakuji and Higashiyama area).
The best time:
- The brown area・・・・・Early to mid-November
- The other area (the center of Kyoto)・・・・Mid-November to early December.
About the center of Kyoto
In the center of Kyoto, Autumn leaves bloom doesn’t depend on geographical factor. I have no idea what the reason is they are in Migoro in these ways.
- Mid November・・・Tenjuan temple, Nanzenji temple, Shinnyodo temple, etc.
- Late November・・・Ryoanji temple, Korinin temple, Komyoin temple, etc.
- Early December・・・Yasaka shrine, Kenninji temple, etc.
How do maple leaves go into autumn leaves?
When Sakura season is over in early April, maple tree has tiny flowers.
Aoi matsuri festival is on in May, the flowers are off.
In June, we are in the best season for “Ao Momiji (Green maple leaves).”
Around September, some of the trees has red leaves.
In November, we have Migoro.
As the Japanese old saying goes, “Good news comes to us while sleeping.”
We are still in early September and have nothing particular. In early November, I show you what’s going on in Kyoto.
From now on, enjoy the last year’s autumn leaves. You can see the way they turns their colors.
In last year, 2018, rural mountain area, Tenjuan temple, Korinin temple and Komyoin temple lived up our expectations but the other places went into Migoro later than expected.